Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
A decade ago, I had somewhat similar goals. I dedicated 2012 The Year of The Athlete.....in recognition of my upcoming 60th birthday in September and the Summer Olympics in London. Goals were to exceed my bodyweight for deadlifts and 10 clean pull ups (plus a change in format for my SPIN classes). I announced this at the gyms where I taught, worked with a couple of the trainers and managed the deads quite handily (220lbs IIRC....WELL over my bodyweight!) but not quite the pull ups. Real benefits came from the training strategies I used, of course, rather than the end results and I got some nice muscle as well as strength gains.

This year I'm focusing short term on getting back some of what I've lost recently....aerobic conditioning as well as les muscles.....in preparation for a second bite of the cherry with my other bunion!

Starting to think I'm the Poster Child for the good custodian of her body who gets struck down by what's usually preventable stuff!! ...

Squamous AND Basal cell carcinoma (never been a sunbather)

Afib (with NONE of the predisposing behaviours)

Bunions (when I've never worn F-M pumps)

At least. I don't have periodontal disease.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.