Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
A discussion of the patents can be found on
www.dramreview.com

Case looks strong to me.
Aparently case looks stron to Toshiba as well.

Hitachi filed a countersuit in an attempt to draw everyone else into the lawsuit at once. THIS WAS DENIED! Hitachi's sole claims revolve around standards committee which RAMBUS left, and monopoly complaints.
GIVE ME A BREAK. Patents are to protect the little guy from the likes of thieves like Hitachi IMHO.

Hitachi is on their own. I bet SEGA (using Hitachi products) breaks first. Samsung will be first big one, but this will be carefully timed (no doubt after a selloff or after earnings which may be weak based upon RDRAM only).

Hitachi risks its entire memory line betting that Rambus would not bet their entire company on such a lawsuit. Well RAMBUS did bet the entire company. Based upon what you have seen, and a review of the patents above, WHO DO YOU BELIEVE?

Very long on the bus!

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.