Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 2
A few considerations;

The reduction in shares after you buy the stock back would also reduce any dividends that are being paid. It might take a while but eventually that could eat up any savings.

If you will retire there, then check to see if Colorado exempts any of the capital gains from taxation as retirement income.

If you will be moving before the end of the year then you will likely have to file 2012 taxes in Colorado and they might still try to collect some of the capital gains.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.