No. of Recommendations: 3
A few years ago, I was under a lot of personal and professional pressure and didn't see a way out. A friend sent me a book by Sarah BanBreathnach called Simple Abundance: A Daybook of Comfort & Joy. This is a best-seller, so many of you may be familiar with it. For those who are not, the author INSISTS that if you want to make your life better, the first step is gratitude. You must conciously be thankful for the good things in your life, and she requests that readers keep a gratitude journal, noting 5 things each day for which one is thankful. Her premise is that a mindset of gratitude and abundance will bring even more abundance into your life.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I've been sitting here this evening feeling scared and worried about my business, finances -- you get the picture. A few tears have flowed. Then I got into the Motley Fool 'Random Acts' board and saw your post from a while back. As soon as I read about the Gratitude Journal, something shifted for me. One of those 'ah-ha' moments! "Ah-ha! I haven't been doing this, and I need to start it up again."

Thanks sooooo much for the reminder -- and for helping me feel better.

Love
Loving
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.