No. of Recommendations: 0
A friend of mine thinks that the a.c. won't work in the pop-up. He says, "It's a tent, why would the a.c. work?" Any thoughts? :-) I'd like it to work myself. :-)

I definately saw units on late model Colemans this summer, so I assume they work. Whether they are true AC or evaporative coolers, I don't know.

I know that an AC unit anywhere, any time would blow cool/cold air. And I know from visiting my grandfather's house in Missouri in the summer that sometimes you just need that. He had a window AC unit in one room of the house. It never cooled the whole house, and he never expected it to. It was a refuge, and probably cheaper than standing in front of the fridge.

So, I would guess the AC would work, it just doesn't have an insulated barrier to areas you don't want to cool, so you can't expect to have a cooled, contained area.

Now, an evaporative cooler could work really well in many situations, especially in the west. It needs to not be insulated in, and our arridity works really well with it. But I think in my Michigan experience, it would have been no relief at all. It was 90 degrees and 90+% humidity. (Very unusual for Michigan, btw.)

- KK
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.