Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
A GUESS ONLY on my part, ayduda...

Vanguard will ONLY "trustee" their own plans as non-brokerage accounts IRA's (simple, money purchase pension, etc.).

I'm the administrator for my wife's money purchase pension plan (Keogh) and they are the trustee, but that was not a transfer/rollover. Perhaps therein lies the issue.

I'd suspect (yes) you would have to handle the forms. One of their "more informed" retirement plan folks should be able to answer your questions.

Good luck,

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.