Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 12
I was never a Duke-Hater until last night. Honestly, I've rooted for the team over the years, especially when there was a team or player that I had a great deal of respect for (e.g. Shane Battier).

As a proud graduate of Boston College I was rooting hard for my team last night, as we lost 83-81. Could we have taken better care of the ball? Sure. But I couldn't help but notice the calls were a tad one-sided. I thought maybe I was, well, less-than-objective. After all, I'm a BC alum.

Then I saw read this:

-----------------------------------------------
From ESPN.com's "Daily Quickie":

Duke-haters have long claimed that the Blue Devils enjoy an advantage with the refs. I believe the exact quote is: "Cripes, they get all the calls!!!"

Duke apologists scoff at the claim, but it's harder than ever to dispute it after last night's farce at Boston College, where Duke shot 37 free throws to BC's 13. 37-13!

And B.C. was the home team!

That Duke won by 2 points shouldn't fool anyone. With even a smidgen of better reffing, BC would have won the game. But why should anyone think that Duke will ever stop getting the calls?
-----------------------------------------------

I mean, for the love of God! When did Sheldon Williams turn into the college version of Michael Jordan, earning "protection" from the refs to an absurd degree?

Full. Blown. Hater.

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.