Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 4
I volunteer at a compassionate care facility on base a few days a month. Yesterday, the director of the house had furnace problems that kept her home, but she called to let me know that a woman named Mary was staying in the house. She'd driven up from her home over an hour away to do some shopping Monday. On the way into the base exchange, she tripped on one of those floor mats and fell. They took her to the base hospital and kept her overnight, then she stayed at the house Tuesday, since she wasn't released till around 5 PM. I was asked to drive her over to the parking lot of the exchange, where she had parked her car. She made my day! This little lady is 88 years old, a widow who still lives on a farm that has been in her husband's family since the Revolutionary War! She was "banged" up pretty well, but the feistiness came through. A doctor from the hospital called to see how she was doing, as did her daughter. She seemed amazed that so many folks were worried about her. She was just so thankful for everyone who had taken care of her and thanked me many times for taking her to her car and making sure she got on her way. It was my pleasure, Mary.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.