Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 92
I sent the following email to Fool Customer Service earlier tonight....

Dear fools,

I've been a member here at Fool.com for about 8 or 9 years. I've watched you guys grow from a two brother operation to a much, much larger presence on the Web, book signings and NPR radio appearances and enjoyed the ride. I've learned a lot about investing and life along the way.

Unfortunately, I've noticed a significant decrease in the quality of staff articles over the past 12 months. What was once a place that provided a haven for the open-minded and well-thought (and researched) articles has in some areas, turned into a mill of tired, disingenuous tirades against good companies and generally poor editorial content and editing.

Specifically, I'm referring to Seth Jayson, referred to as a Foolish senior analyst. I believe the editor responsible for reviewing that article must have made a mistake. It's the only reasonable explanation. Maybe the Foolish editor was off counting his money made from AAPL stock after his careful and considerate evaluation of the pros and cons of the company's business model. Maybe he installed Windows Vista and was too busy on hold with Microsoft tech support to catch such an obvious misrepresentation.

I'm not arguing with Mr. Jayson's right to his opinion. He's entitled to it. But I am also entitled not to have to pay to read it.

As a result, I reluctantly but after much careful consideration ask for the immediate cancellation of my subscriptions and refund of outstanding issues to the following Fool Newsletters:

1) Hidden Gems
2) Income Investor

One thing I learned long ago from the Fool was that customers can ALWAYS vote with their feet (and pocketbook). They can beat a path to your door or run screaming away.

Best of Luck (and Investing)

John Martinez

aka: Martytri

But I'll hang around in the AAPL board and some other places. You guys are OK. ;-)
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.