Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
A little info about games on @home....

I recently purchased a game made by a company named Dynamix. The game called "Tribes" is a truley unique first person multiplayer game (using TDFX technolgy) that can only be played on the internet. (The game includes software to sign up for AT&T Worldnet if you dont already have an ISP) And while 56k and slower modems can be used to play it, it is sometimes "laggy" or "glitchy". The manufacture suggests that a faster internet connection be used for best results. In fact, many of the advanced graphics options are recommended only if you have a T1 or faster type of internet connection. Also, I have seen the @home name used in several of the servers that you have to connect to to play.(I assume they may provide the bandwidth for the people running these servers??) I have also been to the dedicated chat rooms for the game and the buzz is without a doubt @home. Everyone wants it! I think in the future, game manufaturers will be driving a huge demand for broadband service and I see @home there to deliver. Quite possibly in the future, instead of AT&T Worldnet software included on the CD.....perhaps @home???

Just thought I'd share a little info =)

Long on ATHM

Sedulous1
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.