Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 3
a long post, and deserving of a long response...but unfortunately i must rest soon...

political islam is entirely different from spiritual islam. you can see it in the muslims themselves. those wrapped in politics are often very different people from those wrapped in religion and sprirituality.

there is no justification within islam for the saudi's, or anyone else, to ban christians who live in their land from practicing their religion. this was not at all the teaching or practice of Muhammad (sas) who allowed chrisitians and jews to worship freely and under the protection of the islamic state.

but things are different now for the muslims than they were then. for some reason (or so i have found), many people of all faiths have a need to put a wall around what they believe. they hold it up as the ONLY way to God...the ONLY "right" way...and they fear anything outside of those walls. so depending on how incredibly ignorant they are, they kill, persecute and do whatever they feel they need to in order to "protect" their "truth." this is how we end up with christians who cannot build new churches in places like saudi...or how shiites are placed in storage containers to die by the taliban.

the atrocities are endless, and muslims do not have a lock on committing them. in my mind, the saudi government is not the "spokesperson" for islam. they may have control over two great holy cities (for now), but that alone does not give them the authority to represent and speak for all muslims. it will be a great day when large numbers of muslims rise against the tide of intolerance and work for change within their community. it will be a great day when that can happen all over the world.

e
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.