Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 4
Today is the start of the new season of Fortnite. My Fortnite addicted children have had it on the calendar since the start of the last season. Also school was cancelled today due to ice. Both boys looked forward to an unexpected free day glued to their screens. However, Mrs. Lock, using some power I do not understand, got them to collect all of the old electronic junk in the house, load it into the van and accompany her to the recycling place. Color me flabbergasted.

Wally
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 4
However, Mrs. Lock, using some power I do not understand,

Mothers have special powers and if I told you, I'd have to kill you.
No. of Recommendations: 2
Well, I found out the secret. She bribed them with two hours of extra screen time. We control their access to the computer (Owlboy) and switch (FirstLock) through our phones*. However FirstLock waited until 40 minutes before bedtime to try and claim his extra two hours. This is classic FirstLock. He eventually settled for the 40 minutes last night and an additional hour twenty the next day.

Wally

From my grandfather's time to now, we have transitioned from "Don't make me get my belt!" To "Don't make me get my Phone!" Really, the kids flinch when I go for my front pocket. I've actually heard, "Hey! What did I do?" when I pull out my phone to actually use it to make a call.
No. of Recommendations: 5
Today is the start of the new season of Fortnite

Umm- you do know that snippee's husband works for Fortnite...

Have you yet impressed your children that you are 2 degrees of separation from the MotherShip?

peace & connections
t
No. of Recommendations: 1
Oh my!

I can never tell them that. Owlboy would be bugging me to get a tour from now to the end of time.

Wally