Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 14
I would like to share with those that are willing to read my note a mother's reflection on the election and its impact on xom.

First of all, I am convinced, and actually was convinced even before Bush won, that the market was going to go up after his election, and I was convinced also that it would be good for xom. Markets like “clarity”, and Bush gives clarity because everybody knows where he stands. Kerry was a “jack in the box” surprise, and frankly I did not know what he stood for except on two things, the issue of abortion and that of energy; both two dear issues for me.

I have read the comments of those who supported Kerry. And I can understand their disappointment (but not their “soreness”). However, in reading their comments I, as a mother say to myself, these guys or gals don't really get it.

I can accept the argument of those who criticize the war, and those who criticize the economy. Fine and dandy, but this mother did not vote because of those issues.

As some of you may know I am a working mother –been with xom for close to 23 years, and joined them right after my graduating at 21 …so you can figure my age. I married when I was 19 years old to my hubby who was in grad school and 24. So my last two years in college we lived in the married student apartment. I dated my husband from the second day I hit campus – for two long years, before we married. I married early because I was madly in love with my future hubby and temptation was too great to go to bed with him, and I was brought up as a good catholic girl and refused to have sex before getting married. One day my husband asked me to marry and I said yes.

I have three children, two in high school. The filth and degradation these children are exposed to today is sickening. On the radio, I have to turn it off when they begin advertising about "erectile" dysfunction …who cares. And on TV, ….well you all know.

Finally, I got fed-up with John Kerry when he told the Hollywood crowd that they “represented the best values in America” ….what? Are you kidding me? “The best values in America”? What's the matter with this guy? Has he not seen the filth and degradation that comes out of Hollywood.

And then of course, partial birth abortion. How can someone call himself a catholic, and six times oppose a ban on partial birth abortion.

Do you know why Louisiana elected a Republican Senator on the first go around with 51% of the votes against two other democratic contenders ---the first time since reconstruction, because catholic south Louisiana almost puked at the sight of Kerry calling himself a Catholic and supporting the atrocity of abortion.

And democrats who want to win in the future better get it …there are millions of mothers like me that have had it with the cultural filth …and if you don't learn to clean it, then mothers like me, will vote you out of office as we just did the democrats and put the republicans in charge.

Go xom!!!

Madame butterfly

p.s. ah, yes ...energy.... Kerry's energy vision had the same looney aspect proposed by those who support the idylic policy of
the greening of America" ...marvelous prose, but ...worthless. Oh, yes, and a supported of the worthless Kyoto agreement, one of the greatest pieces of environmental propaganda for which most of the politicians of the world have fallen for ...except of course Clinton, and Georgy baby.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.