Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Due to the amazing report issued on Friday by Nokia's CEO Jorma Ollila;

http://biz.yahoo.com/apf/991203/nokia_esti_1.html

I decided to get in the car and go to my friends who sell the phones and talk shop. It return for me giving them industry reports they pass on insider tidbits. All of us are Nokia shareholders and communicate with eachother on a regular basis. This was an exceptional day for I was allowed to enter the storage room of one of Voicestreams busiest stores. I was also allowed to count the inventory and compare phones. I am happy to report that the inventory shortage that plagued Nokia earlier this year is over!!! I counted over 800 phones in the back room. I was amazed to find that there were 770 Nokias and 28 Ericssons and 2 Motorolas in the room. I could not find any Mitsubishis. I was floored!!

I asked my friend, whats up!!! Why so many Nokia's and why no Ericssons???? He told me that they sold at just his store 600 phones last month and sold only 11 Ericssons.
People just choose Nokia everytime when given the choice. All the salespersons don't even suggest them anymore for there are no accesssories available for the Ericssons. My friend sold 100 Nokia faceplates for the 5190 last month just himself, He sold over $5000 in accessories himself which he gets 15% commission. He says "Why should I sell them a Ericsson when I can sell them a Nokia and a ton of accessories and make a fat commission on it!!!!" This my friends is the secret to Nokias success!! They take care of everyone and everyone involved in the process makes money, from the service provider down to the salesman. The cost to Voicestream for each Nokia faceplate is $1.95 and they sell it for $19.95. With 1000% markups they are still running out of supplies. Its just a gold rush and Nokia is the gold. They stopped carrying Mitsubishi's in the stores and they are only available on the website, so it looks like Nokia took care of Sony last year and they seem to be about ready to knock Mitsubishi out this year. I was just floored to see the inventory that the store had. Sales are booming. That particular store is looking to sell 1000 Nokia this month.

The above was an example of the Fisher "Scuttlebutt" method in its ideal form. How can you not be happy with your investment when you see with your own eyes what is happening. The story is the same at all stores.
Another friend works for Totally Wireless, He sold 1 Nextel Phone in 3 months!!! He can't even give those phones away. Everyone wants Nokia , Nokia, Nokia!!!!

MYCROFT
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.