Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 13
A part of me wants to tell him #1 the day before I am leaving and #2 when I get back, but I'm not sure that's really the nice thing to do.

imp,

If it were anyone BUT DN, I would go ahead and tell both parts now - heck, I probably would have already done it. Unfortunately, it is DN, so I would go with the above.

He is GOING to wig out, whether it is directly to you, or in front of the kids, or whatever. You can't stop this from happening, so you might as well get your vacation and wedding done and then deal with the crap.

The thing that he doesn't realize, and probably won't realize is that the marriage changes *nothing* where his relationship with the kids or you is concerned. Custody - same. Child care - same. Child support - same. Since it changes nothing, it's none of his darn business until you want to tell him.

d
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.