No. of Recommendations: 1
A pensions lawyer has been in here a few times trolling for clients; you might be able to find his website with a web search.

http://www.google.com/search?q=pension+recovery

Note: I am not a lawyer, I am not working for him, I am not a client of his; I have no idea whether he is ethical, I have no idea whether he is competent.

Have you asked the PBGC itself? According to their website at www.pbgc.gov, most workers will get their full pension, but the maximum payout is limited by law. If you were the CEO, you probably won't get your full pension from PBGC; if you were the janitor you'll probably get the whole thing.

Under federal pension law, the maximum pension guaranteed for workers in plans that terminate in 2002 is $3,579.55 a month (or $42,954.60 a year) for persons retiring at age 65. Maximum guarantees are adjusted for those who retire at ages younger or older than 65 or those who elect survivor benefits.
Print the post  

Announcements

The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.