No. of Recommendations: 86
I'm not sure how long I've been posting here - perhaps over 10 years. I've very much enjoyed doing this, and probably learned almost as much when I am posting as when I read others' posts. But it does take time, and I find I have less and less of it these days. I don't know whether it's because of charitable, familial or other things I seem to have "volunteered" for, or just that ageing slows us all down to some extent.

It seems to me that my posts probably provide lesser interest now than previously, as the Board's focus would appear to be on income-generating investments more than on equity REITs. The scarcity of posts on Simon's offer to buy Macerich made this point, I think. I am not, of course, criticizing; the typical equity REIT yields something like 3.5%, and I suspect that these kinds of yields just don't provide enough current retirement income for many of us. But it's with equity REITs that I have been able to contribute most.

That said, I am still going to try to find the time to post here from time to time. It just won't be as often as the weekly schedule I've followed in the past. Also, as I have received many "Recommmended" clicks on posts that were originally written for SNL Financial's "Block Party," I will post as many of them as I can.

Finally, if there's a really important thread on which there is much disagreement, and you feel my views would really help, please send me an email (a few of you regulars know my email address) and I will add my 2 cents to the discussion.

Ralph
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.