Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 14
Most of you are probably looking at a Windows screen right now. I am using Netscape on Linux, I can play
Quake II on Linux, I can even emulate any Windows program on Linux. Windows comes bundled with AOL and
crashes alot. Linux comes bundled with 15 different
professional-class compilers and interpreters, and almost NEVER crashes. It runs on anything, even 386s.
This is simply a great product. There are even two "desktop" environments which emulate the Windows drag 'n drop.

All RedHat needs to do is hire a human to write their manuals, and market a full version of Linux in which all of the pesky settings are preconfigured
so that one can just dump it onto the computer and run without having to figure out the dot clock on their video chip (although I had fun doing it). In fact another company is already trying to do this with RedHat's base software (the French company MandrakeSoft) and the results are rather nice. If you at all believe in "buying the business," RedHat is a keeper.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.