Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I have to admit, I am a dummy when it comes to taxes. Always had a CPA and just started with TT in 2007 because my taxes are not that convoluted and CPA was charging me $500.

I was on the phone today with TT for three+ hours. It seems that they neglected to report that they deducted Medicare payments under SS and everyone who included it with their medical insurance payments have to amend their tax returns and of course pay more $$$. That be me.

I just do what TT says when filling out my returns. I also had an issue that they report my SS payments as being more 2009 than 2008. SS was not increased 2009 and no one seems to be able to help with that one. So now I am thinking they probably did not deduct enough from my Medicare payments which are currently $220 per/m because of RMD income. Seems the person I spoke with is not a CPA and really knows nada. He asked me what an RMD is LOL.

Next year, back to CPA. At least they are refunding my $67 which will help pay for ink to print and stamps to mail the amended files.

Birgit, done ranting for now.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.