Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
Last month my boss required that I start coming into work a half hour earlier. Due to traffic and my general difficulty getting up in the morning, it has resulted in my waking up 90 minutes earlier, and testing my fasting sugar about an hour earlier. The difference is amazing. I averaged 120-135 before the change, and now 140-155 when testing an hour earlier. What ticks me off is that it took me 2 years to get control of my morning sugar level and the boss seems completely oblivious to the impact it has on my health.

In addition to the higher testing levels (or maybe as a consequence), I have been more fatigued throughout the day, had chronic back pain and headaches. I also went through a 3 day period of gastro-intestinal distress (use your imagination), and still have a frequent gas & urination problem (I will stop being gross now). Oh, and my weight has jumpt a few pounds (was under 145, now around 146-7. Not a biggie, but being obsessive about these things, I hate when something does not go right.

To the point, has anyone ever had to deal with a situation imposed on them that forced a health-related change in lifestyle?
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.