Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 21
Hey folks, I've been away from the board for the past week, and things have been pretty quiet (aside from another great report by nagana!). For those who have heard about the fires in Washington state, they're in our area and we evacuated last week. All is fine with us: we and our pets are fine, our house is fine, and we're now back home. But I'm still getting caught up, both here and with other aspects of everyday life.

I absolutely plan to post an AZPN analysis, but it won't be today.

In the mean time, as much as I love investing, all of us should take some time to remember what's genuinely important in life: family, friends, and each other. Three fire fighters were lost fighting the fire by us, and they were all very young: one was just 20 years old. Another is in critical condition with burns over 60% of his body -- I can't even imagine what he has gone through, and will continue to go through as he hopefully recovers.

We all know life is short, but sometimes we have to be reminded. So next time there's turmoil in the market, remember that it's just not important in the grand scheme of things (either in life or investing!) and take a break. Enjoy the time you have with friends and family and leave the fretting to others ;-)

Neil
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.