Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 1
A "rollover IRA" is simply a traditional IRA that you "roll" your 401(k) into. If you roll a 401(k) into an IRA, you MUST roll it into a traditional IRA 1st, then later you can move it to a Roth. Be aware, however, that there will be some tax involved when you move from a traditional to a Roth.

You must pick the asset allocation YOU are comfortable with in your retirement plans. You can read all the studies and articles and web advice about diversification you want, but in the end it is YOUR money and you invest it where you feel confident.
As far as Microsoft going "Enron", I don't think that will happen. But the Feds could someday manage to make something stick that might affect the value.
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.