Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 5
An brief excerpt from his essay re. the George Floyd disaster:

Barack Obama:

"Barack Obama:

I recognize that these past few months have been hard and dispiriting?—?that the fear, sorrow, uncertainty, and hardship of a pandemic have been compounded by tragic reminders that prejudice and inequality still shape so much of American life. But watching the heightened activism of young people in recent weeks, of every race and every station, makes me hopeful. If, going forward, we can channel our justifiable anger into peaceful, sustained, and effective action, then this moment can be a real turning point in our nation’s long journey to live up to our highest ideals.

Let’s get to work."
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
YES.
No. of Recommendations: 1
Who's George Floyd and how is he related to Trump (since it's a disaster)?

1poorguy (keeping my stress levels low by avoiding almost all news lately**...I didn't even know Scottsdale burned down until 1poorkid told me, and I'm only 30 miles from there)

**The news just p's me off. Then stress gets high. Have enough stress with 1poorlady's chemo. Don't need more. Nothing will change anyway until Il Duce Arancione is deposed. All I need to know is to check "D" in November. Everything else I can do nothing about. Though it's time to send another check to the ACLU. I'm certain they are extra-busy under the brutal Il Duce Arancione regime.
No. of Recommendations: 0
Oops. Found out who George Floyd was watching John Oliver.

Our police are out of control. They need to do a better job of screening candidates. That was use of excessive force. They need to get the bullies out. Make every cop out there re-qualify for their psych test, for example. And be strict about it.

Apparently in other news cops are shooting rubber bombs (can't really call them bullets since they're the size of hand grenades) at people's faces. They even tried to arrest an FBI agent because he was black. When they realized they released him, but I wonder how much trouble they are in? 1poorkid saw the video clip, and apparently he was collecting the cops' information to report them.

1poorguy
No. of Recommendations: 1
Our police are out of control. They need to do a better job of screening candidates. That was use of excessive force.

2 weeks ago OC Sheriffs responded to a husband/wife indoors domestic disturbance in a local apartment complex.

The OC Deputy says the man had a hammer, did not put it down on command, so the deputy lit him up. 5 shots. No mace. No taser. Dead as a doornail young black man.

The victim was a 35 yr old black man.

The wife is irate.

Yawn. Just another day in the OC.

Forget it Jake. It's Chinatown.

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-05-11/o-c-sher...