No. of Recommendations: 0
I just receive a Christmas card from Comerica.
They have the following offer.

Enjoy 0% interest on your Comericas MasterCard and
Visa through February 1st, 1999 on all purchases
made between November 27th and December 25th.

That's pretty good.......
Print the post Back To Top
Um, fool530, chances are your purchases between Nov. 27 and Dec. 25 would not show up until a bill sent January 1. Typically that bill would not be due for 3 weeks after that, so ordinarily you would pay 0.00% interest until Jan. 25 or so. So the offer is to give you an extra week!

I have to admit this is a better deal than the payment holiday I am offered every so often which keeps interest accumulating while I don't pay 2% of my balance, which is the alternative.

fool530, please don't think I'm making fun of you. For that sort of stuff, go over to the Fool Cafe folder and look at the Hype, Hysteria & Runkle board.
I just receive a Christmas card from Comerica. They have the following offer.
Enjoy 0% interest on your Comericas MasterCard and Visa through February 1st, 1999 on all purchases made between November 27th and December 25th.

Yep, sounds good on the surface, but just make sure you carefully read all of the fine print. What's the interest rate after February 1st? Is there no annual fee?

If you're planning to just use it for this purpose, and then pay off the balance in full, then it sounds like a good way to use their money for a few months. : )

Tony
...but I still am...

Off2Aruba
>I just receive a Christmas card from Comerica. They have the following offer.
Enjoy 0% interest on your Comericas MasterCard and Visa through February 1st, 1999 on
all purchases made between November 27th and December 25th.

Yep, sounds good on the surface, but just make sure you carefully read all of the fine print. What's
the interest rate after February 1st? Is there no annual fee?

If you're planning to just use it for this purpose, and then pay off the balance in full, then it sounds
like a good way to use their money for a few months. : )

Thanks Tony,

After Feb 1st, it goes back to the regular rate. I don't plan to use it but it is still nice to know that at least some banks are being reasonable.

Ed.