No. of Recommendations: 3
According to British Army regulations, a trained soldier should be able to fire his musket fifteen times in three minutes and forty-five seconds. Usually they were simply pointing and firing, not really aiming.

I try really hard to have my motley portfolio increase in value by .2% per trading day. It doesn't sound like much, but means about a 50% return per annum (200 days with compounding). Unfortunately, I don't generally achieve those results.

That said, since the beginning of the year, not even a full quarter, I've been pumping out an average rate far higher than that. It sounds pretty cook until you ponder the regressing to the man thing.

I've started reaping profits and struggling with my own greed. I figure, despite the pain, it's better to pay taxes than take tax losses.

While I am continuing to enjoy this market, I also know that it is impossible to keep up this run rate indefinitely.

Yes, I know it's different this time, but the last time so many companies which were losing money exploded in price this fast, the ended up naming it the dot-com thing.

Jeff
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.