Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 19
A similar announcement today from researchers at Tsinghua University.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-china-...

"In early January, Zhang’s team and a group at the 3rd People’s Hospital in Shenzhen began
analysing antibodies from blood taken from recovered COVID-19 patients, isolating 206 monoclonal
antibodies which showed what he described as a “strong” ability to bind with the virus’ proteins.
They then conducted another test to see if they could actually prevent the virus from entering
cells, he told Reuters in an interview.
Among the first 20 or so antibodies tested, four were able to block viral entry and of those, two
were “exceedingly good” at doing so, Zhang said.
The team is now focused on identifying the most powerful antibodies and possibly combining them to mitigate the risk of the new coronavirus mutating. "

Normally I apply a credibility discount to research news coming from China, but Tsinghua is one of the most respected schools anywhere in the world.

Still a long way to go, but we optimists have been starved for a while. I take what crumbs I can find.

Jim
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 19
A similar announcement today from researchers at Tsinghua University.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-china-...

"In early January, Zhang’s team and a group at the 3rd People’s Hospital in Shenzhen began
analysing antibodies from blood taken from recovered COVID-19 patients, isolating 206 monoclonal
antibodies which showed what he described as a “strong” ability to bind with the virus’ proteins.
They then conducted another test to see if they could actually prevent the virus from entering
cells, he told Reuters in an interview.
Among the first 20 or so antibodies tested, four were able to block viral entry and of those, two
were “exceedingly good” at doing so, Zhang said.
The team is now focused on identifying the most powerful antibodies and possibly combining them to mitigate the risk of the new coronavirus mutating. "

Normally I apply a credibility discount to research news coming from China, but Tsinghua is one of the most respected schools anywhere in the world.

Still a long way to go, but we optimists have been starved for a while. I take what crumbs I can find.

Jim
No. of Recommendations: 2
The antibody treatments are few months out. The following drugs should be available much sooner.
However, right drug should be tested for efficacy if given at the right time.

HydroxyChloroquine/Chloroquine: Prophylactically or early on diagnosis - Stops viral replication.
China and South Korea's treatment plan is to give it on diagnosis. It shows.

Favirpiravir: Stops viral replication. Japan is using this well. It is less potent than Chloroquine and Remdesivir. Clinical study in Japan showed efficacy

Remdesivir: Given at onset of Pneumonia or severe Pneumonia. It is most potent (IV) and stops viral replication fast.
Highly anticipated clinical trial results in coming few weeks.

What is making Covid19 disease dangerous is that some people have Cytokine storm where the immune system start to attack own body.
Patients seemingly normal go downhill rapidly and cannot breathe.

The following drugs help with this problem

Lorinlimab, Tocilizumab: Check out *CYDY(Lorinlimab) stock.
It is up from $1 to $3 in a few days. Highly speculative. The drug is very safe based on 850 patient trial earlier.
A small sample of patients showed quick recovery. Clinical trial - Phase 2b coming.

https://twitter.com/YahooFinance/status/1245373670949900290
The doctors were helpless and the patients were dying. So the doctors used this as hail mary and it worked in 4 patients (anecdotal)

* I bought some stock. Highly speculative.
No. of Recommendations: 0
Leronlimab *CYDY(Lorinlimab) stock.
https://twitter.com/YahooFinance/status/1245373670949900290
The doctors were helpless and the patients were dying. So the doctors used this as hail mary and it worked in 4 patients (anecdotal)

more promising evidence of Leronlimab today

https://content.equisolve.net/_168a4a8602b498420ebccfbccbb0c...

All anecdotal. Trials are approved and approx. ETA is 6 weeks for completion as per the CEO.
No. of Recommendations: 2
It's interesting to see the modern day evolution of a drug.
Phase 1, 2, 3? Old school, grandpa.

Now the progression is:
Twitter
Youtube
Blog post
Web site
Press release (optional)
PDF paper
Chinese on line shop
G7 on line shop
Amazon

Note, I'm not suggesting anything bad about Leronlimab's prospects. Just commenting on the modern world.

Jim
No. of Recommendations: 1
Now the progression is:
Twitter
Youtube
Blog post
Web site
Press release (optional)
PDF paper
Chinese on line shop
G7 on line shop
Amazon

The much maligned FB, WhatsApp, Twitter etc. are helping scientists, doctors and researchers discuss solutions and fine tune treatment guidelines real time on the front line.

Governments in developing world are using these vehicles of disseminating information to millions of citizens effectively.

Yes, the world has changed.