Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 6
Abortion is legal. A women can decide whether or not she wants to be a mother. I have no problem with that.

Know why? Because a person who isn't either emotionally or financially capable of caring for a child should be allowed the decision whether or not to do something as important as bringing a new life into the world.

Or not.

That's the argument on abortion as it stands. They should be allowed that decision, or not.

So far, it's should for women. They should have the right to make the decision whether or not to do something as important as bringing a new life into the world.

And what of men? Do we have that right?

Hell no.

If a man argues that he doesn't want to be a father right now, he is told, "You should have thought of that before you got your jollies!"

What is a woman told? Not that.

The pro-life crowd says that to women, but I'm not talking about opinions here, I'm talking about the law as it currently exists.

If a woman decides that she wants the kid, the man is compelled by the law to quit college and get a job because he has some bills to pay.

His future depends on her decision.

How is that equitable?

k
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.