Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 9
A suggestion. On the whole, the concept of The Feste Award is good for many reasons. Yet the execution of it fails: from initial voting to announcement is far too long and the heat cools.

If April 1St, All Fool's Day, is the day The Feste Award winner is given then why not forward the preliminary to a month or three weeks before? I am willing to bet the number of votes wouldn't change from having a longer period and, if it's known there's a limited period, possibly there would be more. Hype does sell.

I have had great fun with The Feste and really truthfully appreciate TMF going along with my running gag of – Bogey's designation – the Susan Lucci position. Great fun and I've written some posts here that I couldn't elsewhere (where else could I do faux Shakespere?) yet it's too long between cup and lip.

Okay, now that's off my chest, the next. The winner of The Feste should get a basket of goodies from TMF. May I suggest a free subscription to the services of TMF's investment advice. I have been a member of TMF and I have benefited considerably from what I have learned as in cutting a tax bill several hundreds of thousands. The Feste winner should have that opportunity through TMF giving the company's knowledge as a prize.

MichaelR

Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.