Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 3
I was talking to my parents (each one about 90) the other day and they tell me that 2 visitors came to the door wanting to talk to them. The visitors identified themselves as from the local county adult social services. They gave my mother a business card, which I called to confirm that the number on the card was the one for the county adult services office - it was. The person on the card has yet to return my phone message asking why they came to my parents house. While there, they asked both of them who their doctors were.

Kind of odd. My mother tells me that the day before she went to the bank and withdrew $500 for shopping, etc.. Otherwise my mother does not get out much (a little grocery shopping at the corner store).

Who could have called adult services ? And why ? Do banks make a practice of that. I admit that my mother and father are getting older and sometimes get confused. Would a bank teller take it upon themselves to call adult services ?

The adult services office has not returned my phone call. I do not think they ever will (you know "not discuss cases over the phone, ..."). I live out of town so I can not visit the social services office.

Just posting this if someone would know of any cases like this.

Anyone hear of something like this ?

Thanks.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.