Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I feel the largest growth potential is primarily in three areas: pharmaceutical (would Estee Lauder be stretch'n it), financial, and companies whose growth is tied to the Internet. The former two industries because of demographics, and the latter because of the “revolution”. With that said, the initial thought is to go with JNJ (as limited to the 23 Companies that made it in on time) since we have two picks in each of the other two industries—TROW, AXP, MSFT, INTEL. JNJ over Schering for many of the same reasons as outlined in the DRiP Port.

After giving it further thought, I veer more towards the Internet--Cisco in particular. If we assume the ultimate potential for each JNJ and Cisco is quantifiable, and furthermore limited, I would say Cisco has realized less, relatively speaking. Cisco would seem to have greater potential for growth based on its current sales (7.8 Billion) being a relatively smaller amount (of course considering this in conjunction with its momentum). Also, the Internet's ubiquity will grow at a more rapid pace once speed issues are resolved, and also as a result of PC price wars.

My vote – Cisco with the hope that more pharmaceutical companies will be added in subsequent purchases.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.