Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 5
Listen I’m doing this because I think it’s very important to share this information.

I’ve told you that my brother in law is a top guy at Cedars Sinai here in Los Angeles.

I just had a family video chat with him and at the end we stayed on and I asked him a few questions.

So two nights ago they had 7 cases. Two nights later they have 31. Essentially they have been doubling daily. Before the first case came in the hospital already had no spare ventilators as they were all used by other patients needing them. They freed up a couple and more are coming in, but you do the math.

By early next week they are predicting that the hospital will be overwhelmed with cases. He’s very stressed and very worried.

This isn’t going away any time soon. This truly could be a devastating pandemic and the worst case sceneries could come true.

Be careful, social distance and wash your hands and keep your immune system at its peak. Eat right, get plenty of sleep and drink warm fluids.

TMB
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
Thanks for the warning and insight TMB. It is certainly not looking good.

I'm curious. It seems Californians are behind the curve in measures taken, although you have the third most cases (and biggest pop.) but growing quite rapidly. I say that because you have mentioned going out to dinner, the beach, even a vacation trip still considered - all this week! Each time I was surprised as we here in Maryland seem to be well ahead of that curve.

To be fair, every 24 hours seems like a month with this situation. But every day that actions are delayed is really critical. Stay safe out there!

Greg
No. of Recommendations: 0
Costa Rica has 2 deaths now but are really clamping down. Beaches closed, bars, nightxlubs, theaters, closed. Restaurants must operate at 50% capacity. Borders closed until April 12. Hospitals open to everyone including foreigners. Grocery stores reserve 1st two hours for those 65 and older.

And yet the US Gov is issuing a level 4 health advisory (return to US immediately).

One week someone is "puking and yelling" about the dip and next week they are only looking at open and close values...

My due diligence in trimming any and all gains yesterday and day before bought me half a Tesla including taxes.
“say that because you have mentioned going out to dinner, the beach, even a vacation trip still considered - all this week! “

No I was one of the stupid ones. ;) Cali is on lockdown. Northern Cal longer then southern Cal. Vast majority of folks are following the rules and socially distancing themselves.

We only went once this week to a restaurant for to go food, as I was trying to help a friends place survive this. By I think Weds the order went out to close everything in LA. SF and the Bay Area have been closed for I think a couple of weeks.

The beach, yes I’ll be at the beach every day. I work out, stay distant from everyone but my wife. Talk with friends from a good 8 to 10 ft away. Workout in the sand, run, soak up some sun. Have to exercise for physical and emotional reasons and to keep immune system high.

As for vacation, that was paid for and leaving on the 29th to Kauai, a place of sun, warmth and humidity. A much safer place I felt to hang out for a couple of weeks. We did cancel the trip a couple of days ago because the reports from friends there are that they are on lockdown now as well, restaurants closed, 9pm curfew, and we have no idea if as days pass that they aren’t going to stop all essential travel to the islands as the governor is warning. Thought best to stay in place.

So yes things are changing seemingly every hour, but the beach is still on the agenda. I’m going down in a few hours.

TMB