Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
A wonderful primerib would be in order for me. At a very fine resturant.

Snip beginning
I think beef tenderloin in port wine sauce is in order. After all, you
deserve the finest meats (and cheeses).
Snip end

Getting back to the seriousness of investing. There was a member here that did some analysis of his quantative method. The member backtested his method with information provided by MrMarket. The test did NOT include any trades from about Feb. 00 to June 01. That is a gap of about 18 months. MrMarkets history does not indicate he stays out of the market completley for this long of a period. He had several trades in 99, a few in January 00, and several after June 01.

I am somewhat a curious individual. What happened in that gap?
Does anyone, particularly MrMarket, want to explain.

I do think MrMarket is a great person, and a huge person, but he seems like he is hyping himself to be greater than he is. I suspect he suffered huge losses during this time and is not disclosing these losses. Granted, he can do anything he wants and he certainly does not want folks using his method alone. But his credibilty is at stake here.

Would like to hear from others, as well as MrMarket about the gap between Feb 00 and June 01.

For now just bring on the meats and cheeses and perhaps a great glass of wine. Primerib to follow.

Beth
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.