Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 3
https://imgur.com/gallery/iHD6A5D

(I think AA). yelled at people who tried to move to empty rows in order to social distance...
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 2
Sadly being a jerk is too common right now.

The only way I would be flying is for an emergency or if I end up relocating.
No. of Recommendations: 1
I wouldn't even consider flying right now. They claim to be enabling social distancing, but I've seen too many stories (and seen photos from packed planes) to take them seriously. Put simply, they're lying. So I would assume that if I boarded a plane I would be packed in as usual. And that's not acceptable. So I'm not flying for the next several months (at least).
Put simply, they're lying.

That's a broad brush. I know for a fact that Delta continues to block middle seats and even limits bookings in first class.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/analyzing-delta-middle-seat-bl...

Flying for pleasure is out for me, at least for the time being. But if I needed to fly somewhere now, I would--on Delta.
No. of Recommendations: 4
The way to deal with it is for all flyers to boycott AA. Rather than pack planes, they would be flying empty until they changed the policy.

Jeff
Someone just had a bunch of segments on Southwest and they were talking about the experience. There were a couple of women in Phoenix that were refusing to wear a mask and then claimed they didn't have one befure Southwest provided them (typical of Phoenix).

Southwest also blocks the middle seats (maybe not if you are traveling with someone). Overall the person thought things went well. I think Atlanta airport got lower grades.

I've been fortunate to fly mostly business class in my limited flying over the last few years but I know when I flew coach and if the middle seat was empty the experience was HUGELY better, even on very long flights.

One of my worst experiences was a last minute flight change and coming back from SD to Baltimore stuck in a middle seat near to a good sized guy. Thankfully in those days I was quite slender.

AA is definitely near the bottom with any kind of social distancing.