Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Peaked just over 180 earlier today..

The silence here is deafening..

Interesting...
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
The doubters do everything in their power to knock them off their perch, everyday, every month and every which way they can. and yet.........................................................
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I love silence. The only thing deafening is as they say in darts terminology..............

One hundred and eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhtttttttttteeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

cya at 200............back to zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkBkVmA5kE8
No. of Recommendations: 4
I think the silence here is just a continuation of the decline in numbers on this board that we long-timers have noticed for a few years now. I'm as happy with Apple's products as the next Apple user, but we've had no new, revolutionary product lines out of Apple in years, since the Steve Job days or so. What was the last one, the new thinner MacBook? Or the Apple Watch? I guess the MacBook doesn't count as a new category.

How about the Apple television? Or the iCar?

And, as I said in another thread, I don't think buying something like Disney is seriously in the cards.

All that said, I think AAPL's rise to near 180 is good. I wish it had happened a couple of months ago before a few of my options expired, but I sold those to reclaim some money and reinvest in other options anyway.

But I don't think the move, in general, is unique to AAPL. The market as a whole has been moving up, so that's as much a catalyst for AAPL's move as anything else, I think, and therefore, there's little to say about AAPL beyond a little cheerleading.

I think Apple's announced repatriation of $ billions should be worth a thread, though.

-awlabrador
, since the Steve Job days or so

I forgot to cut that out. Apple Watch released under Tim Cook...

-awlabrador
No. of Recommendations: 2
Went to see my cardiologist today and as the PA is taking my vitals, I noticed her watch, an Apple Watch! Must be the 3rd generation, looked great, thinner than I expected. So that led to discussing all things Apple, she recalled her battles with His, then the ease of getting over onto a Mac, has her whole extended family converted, iPads, iPhones, iMacs, all of it.. And I saw that in my own family after earlier struggles with Apple ]['s, //e, and the variety of PCs... My support dropped way off once we had em all over onto the Mac world.. Few as adamant as I've been, but still they are really hooked.

I have only two I can't get over, my SIL and his Dad, partly because of the SIL's work needs, but his Dad had his landlord world on isolated, safe PCs, has been able to avoid the problems I saw with my work PCs.. I did get him to try a MBP a few years back, well, then he wanted Win besides, ran into printer difficulties, and even his Airport Extreme wasn't cooperating.. In the end he passed it on to our grandkids, I still run the AE here, it needed a firmware update, was all...

Anyway, it's still a fun ride, still enjoy some of the tech side... try to keep up.. Miss MacWorld Expo...

Go AAPL!
Anyway, it's still a fun ride, still enjoy some of the tech side... try to keep up.. Miss MacWorld Expo...

I think I miss Steve Jobs more than I miss Macworld Expo. Without Steve, Apple hasn't had anyone who could convince people they needed something that they didn't know they needed.

"Cup holders on an iPhone? I had no idea it would make the iPhone X insanely great! Take my credit card!"

I'm not saying Apple isn't doing well, but as nice as the continuing evolution of the products has been, I've not felt quite as compelled to upgrade. Also, like many people, I was probably learning to resist Steve's RDF by the time he passed.

-awlabrador
MacWorld Expo, San Francisco was a 40 mile trip for me, in at the opening, out about 4 or 5, then maybe back the next day if there was something of further interest...

Actually I began long before when it was the San Francisco Computer Faire, a little broader interest, back in Apple //e days. It was good to go down, meet the developers, in those days, SF Apple Core was another early Apple User Group, some from that group continued in various related businesses, later into the Mac.. BMUG, our local NCMUG, other area User Groups had both, but lots and lots of vendors.. Hate to think how many books and such I bought at those shows.. Sorry to see them gone...

To get into the main events, seminars, you had to be a lot more serious than I am, really needed to stay in a local hotel, catch all the parties..

But still good times were had..

Saw Steve Jobs once, but he was always in a crowd, no one on one.. Sinbad, Robin Williams, podcaster Leo LaPorte, likely missed a few more, never saw Woz...
I think the silence here is just a continuation of the decline in numbers on this board that we long-timers have noticed for a few years now. I'm as happy with Apple's products as the next Apple user, but we've had no new, revolutionary product lines out of Apple in years, since the Steve Job days or so. What was the last one, the new thinner MacBook? Or the Apple Watch? I guess the MacBook doesn't count as a new category.

Apple Watch, Airpods.

Kathleen
Saw Steve Jobs once, but he was always in a crowd, no one on one.. Sinbad, Robin Williams, podcaster Leo LaPorte, likely missed a few more, never saw Woz...

Met Woz several times over the years, and even fed him a couple times. Never met Jobs.

Kathleen
I had lunch with Sinbad one time, what a great guy, folks would come along, ask for autographs, and head slide into it without missing a beat... Longtime Mac fan...