No. of Recommendations: 1
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/apple-taps-900b-blowout-fourt...

Apple's was able to beat across the board what Wall Street expected from it for the fourth quarter, as well as its own expectations. You can find the full financial guts in our other story, but the big thing here is that ever since the third quarter Apple has been setting itself up for a run that would make it a $1 trillion company. After a huge year thus far, Apple is looking to spark a new wave of consumers to buy the iPhone X and its accompanying products, like the AirPods, iPad or HomePod, to get the most use out of it.

On the way to $1 Trillion market cap.

Not the racehorse it used to be but just plodding along making money.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
Well friggin eh, Apple has me with 3 iPads, MacBook, 2 iPhones, AirPods, Apple Watch. Mint a few more of me and a trillion dollar market cap is right around the corner ;).

All this said, I have no interest in upgrading my iPhone or iPads or MacBook. If I needed a new MacBook I would buy the 2015 model, not the 2016 or 2017 model that provide less utility. But there appear to many folks who are not so stodgy.

Tinker
Tinker,

I have a 2016 MacBook Pro and it blows away my prior one which was a 2011 and my sons which is a 2015. There is no comparison. I did have a key getting stuck issue shortly after purchase but took it to the store and had it back in 48 hours... no issues since. I did wish, on one occasion, I had a DVD drive on it but bought a cheap USB-C one off Amazon which worked great for $35 (I was studying for my recertification board exam while traveling and I had some review DVD’s I wanted to watch). At first the USB-C port only bothered me but that was short lived as almost everything has a USB-C version now. Touchbar is cool but you can live without it but I do seem to use it more and more.

And you get all that for about 3.5 lbs. Amazing...

MC
Hey MC, I know, I know, that is what the reviews say. Even blowing away the 2015 MacBook! That is impressive. But I have to go to many different locations. Obtaining wireless connections is not always easy, and carrying a dongle, not a big deal, but it adds to the width of the computer, it adds to the weight (all though not by much), but most of all it adds to the inconvenience. I already carry a USB/Lightning cable to connect my iPhone when my MacBook has a problem finding it or connecting to it as a WiFi hot spot (happens far too often, so I bring the cable). I bring a separate power cable just in case power becomes an issue, and now I have to bring a $75 or perhaps more expensive dongle!

This just further clogs my computer bag that I even took in with me to the hospital when I had surgery. Office everywhere. My surgeon was so perplexed by this. He also thought it odd that I planned to spend the night in the office and walk the 2 miles to the hospital so I could sleep in longer (he convinced me to Uber it). It just becomes a mess in the front pocket.

And now I have to bend over, dig through all that stuff (that also includes at least 5 check books) and stuff that is too indescribable every time I need to hook something up!!!

It will be inevitable, I know, I know. My 2014 MacBook weighs 3.46 lbs. It is so light and well balanced that I literally, in court, can carry it one handed and use the other hand to pull up documents at a speed that has amazed some opposing attorneys. The computer is still super powerful. So no need to upgrade at present.

But yes, yes, I will eventually have to give in. Btw if you have the 13" model, yours weighs an astonishingly small 3.0 lbs! It is as light as the antiquated Air with the power of the Pro.

I will probably give this MacBook to a child one day, and upgrade to a a 2016 or newer version and of course then have the same opinion that you share.

Apple products...sigh.

Tinker