Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Abbott has been a good company for as long as I have known it. As everyone knows, I do not know beans about investing, so this is speaking in the ethical and product sense.

But I remember my mom and stepfather bringing home (unused and sealed!) IV setups and D5W and such back when it was all in the glass hanger bottles, and I remember maintaining a sterile field from washing and gloving to uncapping, wiping the rubber IV solution stopper with alcohol and setting up the apparatus.

Which I'd feed to my toy chemical factory or something.

Abbott has a varied porfolio, including what appears to be at least marketing rights to Knoll's narcotic analgesic products, such as Dilaudid, Dilaudid HP, etc. I don't know what happened to Knoll, but it seems Abbott is marketing their product lines.

They seem to have a sustaining base of products everybody uses; everything from CYLERT (Pemoline) to methamphetamine ( the legal kind, for ADD) to Nembutal still fall under their purview.

I do not see Abbott being a growth company right now, but they have had some smash hits in pediatric medicine and other areas over the years; in any case I'm not qualified to say any of this, apart from my two cents worth.

RSH.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.