Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 7
A few days ago my former student Steve Corbato was named as the new Director for Internet2 Backbone Network Infrastructure. This gives me an excuse to introduce the Abilene Weather Map to those of you who may not be familiar with it:

http://hydra.uits.iu.edu/~abilene/traffic/abilene.html

The map shows, in real time, the traffic density between a number of nodes in the Internet2 backbone. Click on any of the links, and you get traffic statistics for that link. Click on one of the plots you'll see, and you'll get more details, such as a plot showing the average daily traffic during the past year. Note, for example, the phenomenal growth in the Cleveland-New York or Indianapolis-Kansas City traffic in the last 12 months.

What does this have to do with Gorilla Gaming? For me, one look at the plots mentioned above is pretty much the only justification I need to invest in companies like JNPR or RBAK.

hem
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.