No. of Recommendations: 0
About to begin receiving RMD on IRA's.Rather than collect monthly ,
I would rather have distribution annually, after divs, capital gains in
December without broker or fund family taking out income tax from
IRA,thereby saving depletion of my tax deferred
accounts, unnecessarily. Then pay taxes from my taxable accounts.Can a
fool find fault with this concept? Thanks.>>

You can either ask for the distribution to be after December dividends are declared, or they won't do it. Find another one that will and have it transferred.

Taking out the withholding doesn't make any difference as the IRA is depleted by the Mandatory withdrawal amount whether it's all paid to you, or the IRS as withholding. Did I miss your point? Ed
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
Live Video Event Monday!
The GP team is hosting a live video event on Monday at 4 p.m. ET. Don't worry if you can't make it — we'll have a replay and a transcript. Click for more!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.