Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
About two months ago the board carried a thread dealing with 3 superconductors stocks, CDTS, ISCO and SCON. The discussion ended in early March. I do not recall a comment during the discussion that disqualified these stock a potential candidates. Price charts of the three stocks reflect that all three peaked as the discussion ended at highs of 92, 39 and 115. Right now the three stocks are sitting at about 22, 5 and 31 respectively.

Can anyone offer a rationale for the sudden drop? Have the stocks reached a milestone in GG development or they not game candidates?

As one who bought on the day of the giant spike and sold shortly thereafter (I lied when I said I was willing to lose my entire position), it looks to me as though these guys (ISCO, CDTS, SCON) were products of day traders / momentum players. The technology has great potential for the 3G build out, but so far there have not been any major orders and, even if there were, there does not appear to be the capacity to fill any big orders anyway. I still monitor the two boards here (ISCO does not have one, being on the BB), but the posts are of Yahoo / Raging Bull quality. Amazingly, they all still have a 99 RS even after the fall. To me, it looks like they ran too far, too fast.

I still think of buying back once in a while, but I probably have enough "might be a gorilla some day if it ever thinks about crossing the chasm holdings."
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.