No. of Recommendations: 27
I just had and interesting experience with Lufthansa.

As some of you know, I relocated from Germany to Alaska. With all the stuff going on, somewhere along the way I lost a digital camera. I didn't even notice it was missing until about two week after I arrived in Anchorage. I figured it fell out of my backpack somewhere in Seattle. I thought I had taken some pictures during our 4 day stop there. With no ID with the camera, I figured it was long gone.

This week I got a call from Lufthansa. The camera was found in Frankfurt. What amazed me is that someone from Lufthansa went through the pictures and figured out what seat I was sitting in and where I was flying to. I had some pictures of the cabin, my wife, and some pictures of the approach to Seattle, as well as some pictures of our snow ground delay in Frankfurt. From just those photos, they were able to figure out what day that aircraft flew to Seattle and the seat, enabling them to contact me.

They shipped the camera back to Seattle, where the baggage crew mailed the camera up to me here in Alaska. I just took a look at the pictures and to tell you the truth, I don't know how they figured out the camera was mine.

http://picasaweb.google.com/106943153794010948102/FlightPics...
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.