Skip to main content
This Board Has Moved

This board has been migrated to our new platform! Click below to continue the discussion on the new site.

Go to the New Site
No. of Recommendations: 1
https://tgsmnewsletter.substack.com/p/abraxas-petroleum?r=p7...

Summary

Abraxas Petrolieum (AXAS), is a delevered nanocap company, operates in the oil and gas industry. This pure-play Permian/Delaware Exploration & Production Company emerged from a pre-arranged bankruptcy on January 2, 2022 that helped to prevented a complete wipe out of equity holders. Management last reported net developed acreage assets were about 11,000 after having reserve engineering firm DeGolyer and MacNaughton (D&M) analyze their proved reserves. With a revamped board which has former creditors further participating in the upside valuation, I believe AXAS offers equity investors, able to participate in this nanocap, an opportunity to gain significant capital appreciation in the event of a sale of the company in the next 6 months to a year. My most conservative deal outlook would provide investors with an expected aggregate return of 25% on an announced deal given current AXAS stock pricing $1.70 as of 6/24/2022. This puts my conservative calculated deal range between $200M and $260M.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.