Skip to main content
Update
Non-financial boards have been closed.

Non-financial boards have been closed but will continue to be accessible in read-only form. If you're disappointed, we understand. Thank you for being an active participant in this community. We have more community features in development that we look forward to sharing soon.

Fool.com | The Motley Fool Community
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 25
MTG recently introduced a bill calling for Kenosha Kyle to receive a Congressional Gold Medal. So disgusting, so deplorable, so wrong. Yet so typical for her.

However, she voted against—against— awarding that same prized medal to Capitol police officers who valiantly tried to fend off Trump’s hell-bent thugs on Jan. 6.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 2
"However, she voted against—against— awarding that same prized medal to Capitol police officers who valiantly tried to fend off Trump’s hell-bent thugs on Jan. 6."

pretty much all of the Jan 6th disturbance was caught on video.

Could you please post a link to the Capitol police being attacked by 'hell-bent thugs'?

I can see the video of older people strolling through the capitol, staying behind the ropes.

I can see someone sitting in Pelosi's chair.

Still looking to the 'hell-bent thugs'.
No. of Recommendations: 8
Exclusive: Newly obtained bodycam footage shows moment DC police officer attacked by pro-Trump rioters

https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/12/politics/dc-police-officer-fa...
Video Of Capitol Riot Shown During First Jan. 6 Committee Hearing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXnHIJkZZAs
@jibklb, are you joking? Or do they not show the bodycame and security videos on Fox?

Here's one, which should be enough but there is plenty more out there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmAx7t2zF0g
Like wow.
No. of Recommendations: 27
Could you please post a link to the Capitol police being attacked by 'hell-bent thugs'?

dwenergyman and bohemienne responded to your asinine request. Hell-bent is my characterization and I stand solidly behind it.

Building a gallows for MP is certainly hell-bent. Wearing body armor and carrying nunchucks for hand-to-hand fighting? Ditto. Swinging broken flagpoles and sharp pieces of broken fencing at officers? Yep. Using toxic chemical sprays vs. cops definitely qualifies. Trying repeatedly (and succeeding) in busting glass to gain entry also hell-bent. Presence of 2 located pipe bombs (perp never found)? How ‘bout that for hell-bent?

Bottom line: the point of my OP was how totally screwed up MTG is. You ducked that and focused on a 2-word characterization.
No. of Recommendations: 17

The depth of self-delusion on the right in mind-boggling.
No. of Recommendations: 0
More like group-think. A sad, sad cult.
No. of Recommendations: 5
The right wing is gaslighting us on the riots on Jan. 6th and their attempt to steal the election.
No. of Recommendations: 1

https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/12/politics/dc-police-officer-fa......

And there are TONS more where that came from.

Makes you wonder how someone could have missed them.
"Could you please post a link to the Capitol police being attacked by 'hell-bent thugs'?"

Whether sarcasm or trolling, you got your few minutes of TMF fame.
No. of Recommendations: 4
Even if it weren’t for the hours of video there’s 5 dead people and 145 injured police officers and 600+ arrests…

I’m sure he wants the truth as badly as the rest of us and is happy about the ongoing investigation…not hoping for the cover up of a criminal treasonous event.

Right?
"Even if it weren’t for the hours of video there’s 5 dead people ..."

Hmmm, not really ... natural causes were determined to be the cause of death for all, including Ofc Sicknik, except Ashli Babbit.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2021/04/07/capi...
No. of Recommendations: 5
The $30MM in damages to the Capitol building was also natural causes :-/
Hmmm, not really ... natural causes were determined to be the cause of death for all, including Ofc Sicknik, except Ashli Babbit.

EXACTLY! That treasonous rioting mob member was shot to death in the DEFENSE of our nation's Capitol and our country's lawmakers.
"The $30MM in damages to the Capitol building was also natural causes :-/"

What does this have to do with SG's misleading statement?
No. of Recommendations: 20
What does this have to do with SG's misleading statement?

SG's statements were not misleading. 5 people did die during or shortly after attending the riot at the Capitol. Somewhere around 140 police officers were injured in the fighting during the riot.

But that jj poster is absolutely trying to mislead when he/she/it says:

Still looking to the 'hell-bent thugs'.

The hell-bent thugs are obvious for everyone to see, if you are willing to open your eyes and see.

I suspect that jj meant "for" in that statement instead of "to." Or perhaps jj really means he is looking to the hell-bent thugs - for guidance, support, leadership, in admiration, or something similar.

In any case, don't try to gaslight people into thinking the riot at the Capitol on Jan 6, 2021, was anything but a riot.

--Peter
"In any case, don't try to gaslight people into thinking the riot at the Capitol on Jan 6, 2021, was anything but a riot."

Excuse me but I merely corrected a misleading statement made by SG without commentary. The statement SG made implied that five people died as a result of Jan 6 action when in fact they died of natural causes. Please try to refrain making snarky slams on people on no basis in fact. I am sure more than 5 people died of natural causes on Jan 6.
No. of Recommendations: 3
The statement SG made implied that five people died as a result of Jan 6 action when in fact they died of natural causes.

There are arguably 9 deaths associated with the January 6 insurrection. And there's no way to call 5 of them by natural causes. Among the protestors/rioters/insurrectionists there are 4. Two heart attacks, one drug overdose, one shot by police. There are 5 among the police forces that responded on Jan 6 and worked to maintain order in the following days. One stroke and 4 suicides.

No matter who you want to include and exclude, the best I can get to is 3 by natural causes - 2 heart attacks and a stroke. Drug overdose is not a natural cause. Neither is a shooting, nor suicides.

So your statement that five people who died as a result of Jan 6 action died of natural causes is also a misleading statement.

--Peter

For a detailed breakdown, here's a good description:
https://www.factcheck.org/2021/11/how-many-died-as-a-result-...
Upon further review, I see that your claim up thread was 4 by natural causes. I still can't get there, either. Unless you consider a drug overdose to be natural causes. I don't.

--Peter
"So your statement that five people who died as a result of Jan 6 action died of natural causes is also a misleading statement."

Pay attention, the statement was made by SG. Had you r4admthe article, it clearly dealt with ..5.. cases of natural causes. Get a grip.
"So your statement that five people who died as a result of Jan 6 action died of natural causes is also a misleading statement."

Pay attention, the statement was made by SG. Had you r4admthe article, it clearly dealt with ..5.. cases of natural causes. Get a grip.

No, sorry. The USA Today article says 2 people died of natural causes. Both were Trumpers who died of cardiovascular disease. One was age 50, the other 55. A third person, 34, "by accident from acute amphetamine intoxication". She was also a Trumper and a Qanon nut. These three deaths are tragic, and far too young.