Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 1
According to the instructions for Form 8938, you will report 100% of the maximum value of the foreign asset(s). There are exceptions for certain circumstances where the assets are jointly owned with a spouse, but they don't apply to your situation.

If you didn't report any of the income on your US tax return, check box 3d in Part I or II, as appropriate.

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.