Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 4
Ace12,

I automatically question anyone who believes what the analysts say about an hypergrowth stock. The conflict of interest is immense, and the estimates are sometimes done with little or no research on the part of the analysts. Quite frankly, when we come to stocks like CREE, AMCC, SNDK, BRCM, SSTI, NTAP, JDSU etc. the analysts can't predict the next quarter with any degree of accuracy, let alone a year out, not to even mention 5 years out.

The PEG is one of the most worthless ways of valuing a stock that I have even seen. It will keep you out of some 'overvalued' stocks like CSCO, BRCM, ITWO, INTC, MSFT if you insist on looking at the PEG.

Please, if you want to avoid more flames, offer a arguement based on competition (examples of products that can seriously challenge CREE's), possible commoditazation of CREE's market - ie. real analysis, that shows you have done some DD on your investment whether it be long or short.

Pointing out the PEG and saying the stock is overvalued means jack and s(oo)t. Spinning the CC call as negatively as possible is not analysis.

The only thing I see you doing here Ace, is scaring and confusing a lot of investors with half-truths and outright lies.

I don't know what your position is in this stock, but please, shape up or LEAVE.

Steve
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.