Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Actually, Duke, doubling in two is exactly what I'm after. It's aspirational and unrealistic to expect (to be right all of the time), but there has to be a lot of space between what we try to do with individual stocks and what we are expecting with mutual funds.

The measure of success for me is whether I outperform NASDAQ, young and growing companies (which are typically volitile).

My personal success has improved, and I attribute it to the things previously mentioned: The Motley Fool, these boards and a lot of back and forth with my broker/brother primaily. That said, for the newbies looking over our shoulders, don't think for a minute that I think I have it figured out; only 20% of my retirement money is in individual stocks (in our Roth IRAs). Even the fool will tell you that if you are going to mess in individual stocks, keep some core Google-type holdings.

I have to say, that if EBIX continues to do what EBIX has been doing and that they are as real as we think, doubling in two years is quite realistic (it can double simply on P/E expansion to 20). This is the type of stock we want to be betting on and I want to personally thank the Fool for bringing it to my attention.

All the best out there!

Randy
(still waiting for somebody to sell me their EBIX shares for $16.25)
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.