No. of Recommendations: 0
Actually, the reason most transwomen shouldn't be allowed to compete in women's sports (a position I agree with - I'm sympathetic to the trans folks but only to a point) does NOT apply to women with Complete Androgen Immunity Syndrome. The former have masculinized bodies, due to having gone through childhood and puberty with typical male levels of and responsiveness to male hormones; the latter are immune to those hormones (that's what CAIS [i]is[/i]) and are - if anything - on average a bit more physically feminized than genetic females.

Really??? Well, I got news for you, they are ALREADY competing against biologically born females - and the females mare getting slaughtered in all the sports.

And if you would actually read what you're replying to, you'd see that I agreed with you in regard to transwomen but distinguished them from CAIS women.

Transwomen and supposed transwomen - who went through childhood and puberty heavily affected by male hormones - are beating women in women's sports.

CAIS women - who are [i]immune to male hormones[/i], that's the definition of the condition - are not.

Serious athletic competition is an area where those hormonal effects, or lack thereof for whatever reason, are an important part of the most-relevant definition of "male" versus "female" and the person's mental self-identification is of lesser importance.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.