No. of Recommendations: 7
Playing off some Americans' dislike of Mexico, they decided to offer discounts based on the percentage of Mexican heritage shown in your DNA. When they did the test for people, the reactions were....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sCeMTB5P6U
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
Priceless.
A very clever ad....though I can't imagine how this is consistent with U.S. anti-discrimination laws, if this is something they're doing on a large scale.

Albaby
No. of Recommendations: 1
I don't know. I see things like senior citizen discounts, military member discounts, child discounts, mother's day discounts, employee discounts, discounts for city/state residents and lots of other targeted marketing that I do not qualify for. Are they discriminatory based on age, sex, reproductive status, etc?
Are they discriminatory based on age, sex, reproductive status, etc?

You're allowed to discriminate based on most of the things you mention. Charging different prices based on the race/ethnicity/nationality of the customer is usually verboten.

Albaby
Interesting. What laws pertain to this issue?
Interesting. What laws pertain to this issue?

Primarily the Civil Rights Act of 1964, which provides that:

All persons shall be entitled to the full and equal enjoyment of the goods, services, facilities, and privileges, advantages, and accommodations of any place of public accommodation, as defined in this section, without discrimination or segregation on the ground of race, color, religion, or national origin.

Common carriers are one of the primary "public accommodations" that are subject to this prohibition on discrimination, reflecting the central role that segregation on buses and trains played in the civil rights movement.

Albaby
Interesting, thank you for posting that.
Interesting, thank you for posting that.

You're quite welcome.
It's hilarious as satire (I really hope nobody's taking this seriously).

Otherwise, someone's going to have to explain to me what "Mexican" DNA is (that makes it different from other native North or Central American DNA, that is). That, and I wonder how AeroMexico is going to deal with a flood of 100% Mexicans who want to claim their discount.
Freaking awesome.

People are such IDIOTS. Inadvertent self-loathing.

The expressions are priceless.

SLL
Otherwise, someone's going to have to explain to me what "Mexican" DNA is...

They probably just look for the rapist gene.
No. of Recommendations: 2
Albaby: "A very clever ad....though I can't imagine how this is consistent with U.S. anti-discrimination laws, if this is something they're doing on a large scale."

It was never portrayed as anything other than a one-shot, time-limited deal for residents of the city where they did the PR stunt.

To show harm, I suspect you'd have to meet all the qualifications of being a resident of the city during that time, that you booked travel during the period when the offer was made, that you met the travel restrictions for the actual flights, and were charged more than someone who got the discount.

I'm not a lawyer though; I'm only supposing.