Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
AF,

DH & I love our life as it is with just the two of us, and being able to decide at a moments notice to dine out, or take a drive. One of the reasons we changed our minds, and chose not to have kids, is that we like our life and our home as it is, and why change a good thing just because everyone else in your family tells you it's time you "settled down, and became responsible".

Having kids didn't make my BIL, or SIL give up their partying ways, or make them more responsible with their money or any other aspect of their lives, yet their belief is that we are still acting like kids because we won't bring in a cousin for their kids to play with, even though at this point, a kid would be too young for their kids to play with ever. (Most are teens now or older.)

My youngest BIL still goes to bars nightly, and has many girlfriends with which he does drugs with, and is general a delinquent, yet to my in laws, he is more responsible than DH & I since he knocked up his former GF, and pays mandatory child support.

I guess I'm just ranting now, but even though DH & I are the ones in the family that choose not to be responsible by having kids to take care of, we are still good enough to borrow money from when all the responsible ones are broke.

Amy
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.