Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Afik, there is no constitutional limit on impeachments. So, impeaching 45 again would compel the Senate to hold a trial.

I can't see that impeaching Barr would delay the supreme nomination, though.

regards,
Kris
Print the post Back To Top
How would they do that? Would this be possible, legal????? Anyone know?

IAALAIDPOOTI*
There are enough potential counts of impeachment that they could impeach Trump on a daily basis from now until Jan. 20, 2021 and beyond. So it would be possible for the House to do that logistically if they did almost nothing else.

The houses of Congress pretty much make up their own rules of order. So even if the House brought forth a bunch of bills of impeachment there is no guarantee that McConnell would bring them to the Senate before he brings a SCOTUS nominee forward. He is sitting on hundreds of bills passed by the House. I guess these could be just more tossed in his circular file.

I hope someone who actually knows what they are talking about will answer your post.

*I ain't a lawyer, and I don't play one on the internet.
No. of Recommendations: 16
Utterly legal and possible.

Ever since Jimmy Carter lost office the Dems have been mostly restrained while the GOPs have been escalating incivility and transgression of long time honored traditions of formal and procedural comity and civility. During the last six years the GOP in Congress has crossed the last thresholds, and it is long past time for the Dems to go bare knuckle.

Things are about to get very intense.

David fb
Afik, there is no constitutional limit on impeachments. So, impeaching 45 again would compel the Senate to hold a trial.

I can't see that impeaching Barr would delay the supreme nomination, though.

regards,
Kris