Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0

Ok.  I am memorializing my goals now, so that I can return to them later.  My goal in CAPS is to learn as much as I can about how to pick, so that my return will be above the market.  I will strive to learn reasons for picking rather than just getting lucky picking for irrational reasons.  

The hope is to later apply these lessons to real live picking.  To that end, I will not pick many underperforms, simply because I do not believe I will be shorting stocks in my actual portfolio.  Shorting seems far riskier to me, what with the margin to deal with.  I will underperform a few stocks, just to be sure my rational is correct though.

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.